Sunday, July 3, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo: Day Three

Well, technically now it's day 4. But I'm of the opinion that it's still the same day until I go to sleep, so there you go. This is going fairly well for me so far, honestly. Today I decided to scrap my beginning (but keep it for word count of course, I don't want to lose two days of work) and go with a completely different plot in a different genre. I was doing a sort of supernatural mystery thing, but I just wasn't feeling it, and it's a good idea but I need more time to flesh it out, instead of diving right in. So I left that alone for now and reworked the characters into a lighthearted teenage romance kind of thing. Now my distant relatives are twins and they're going to end up on a summer adventure sort of thing...eventually. I haven't gotten very far in the plot yet but the words are coming easier than before so I'm just letting it flow and I'll see where it goes. But I'm a lot happier with this one. My boyfriend pretty much bailed. He was excited at first, but I think he kind of thinks the NaNo style of writing (forcing out this quota of words each day) isn't for him. And it may not be, so I respect his decision. He said he'll keep writing, but I don't know. I think I'm going to dig up my copy of No Plot? No Problem! and have him read it, to see if it changes his mind at all, though. That book really made me understand the point of NaNoWriMo. So we'll see with that situation, as well. My final word count today was 4,111. The minimum goal for today was 4,839, but I got a very late start and I find it hard to focus, so I feel like I did well, anyway. I need to really work tomorrow if I'm going to catch up, though. I don't want to fall behind too much! Well, that's all for now, I need to sleep. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment